19 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Rudi's Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas

To contact us Click HERE
Rudi's Gluten-Free Tortillas

Bacon-Chicken Wrap in Rudi's Spinach Tortilla

Rudi's Spinach Wrap
Hello bloggers! I had to quick post these tortillas this morning before I went off to work...because I am SO excited about them. Two weeks ago I visited my daughter Elise in Boulder, Colorado (remember the blog about her at the GF stand at Coors Stadium?). I have talked before about how much GF food is available in Colorado. One restaurant she and Ryan took us too served me a bowl of GF pasta and the next day I had a hamburger on a GF bun for lunch. I have to admit I kept feeling uneasy. Is this really GF???? Am I going to get sick???? But they really have some great GF foods and the wait staff all seemed very knowledgable.

Boulder is home to Rudi's GF breads and one night when we ate in Elise's beautiful new kitchen she was so excited to serve me a taco on a Rudi's flour tortilla. It was so light, soft and delicious. I started to get nervous again...OK Gloria, your own daughter...your celiac daughter.... is not going to gluten-ate you! Calm down. Have another. Thanks, don't mind if I do!

So as soon as I got back to Illinois I was calling around looking for them and I will let you know as soon as I find some. Or you let me know. I contacted Rudi's and they were kind enough to quick send me some tortillas to blog about. Priority shipping...a tortilla emergency! They came to the hospital yesterday, I got home from work at 4:30 and we were eating this delicious chicken wrap by 5:00.

Tortillas come in plain, spinach and fiesta flavors.  I am also excited that they are very healthy, 51% whole grains, dairy free, nut free. The whole grain flours used are sorghum, brown rice, corn, amaranth, quinoa, millet and teff.  Wow all my favorites! One pretty large tortilla has 90 calories, 17 grams of carbohydrates, but 5 of them are fiber (which won't raise your blood sugar), 0 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat. You can just soften them on a griddle or microwave for about 20-30 seconds and enjoy. I stir fried a chicken breast and added a slice of bacon and all the veggies in my fridge at the moment-lettuce, tomato, avocado all onto a spinach tortilla. I added a splash of ranch dressing. They are so thin and with all the junk I stuffed into it I was expecting them to start breaking apart while I ate. But they never did! The only sad thing is...finally they are making good GF bread and after eating these tortillas I never want bread again!
I'll stop at the store tonight for the ingredients for an enchilada dish that I haven't made in almost 2 decades! Have to go to work now, Bye.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder