13 Kasım 2012 Salı

captain's log: day 5

To contact us Click HERE

captain's log: day 5


I'm still in the red.

While this map of the electrical outages looks 100% better than it did even just yesterday, I'm still waiting. I've been through this before (Hurricane Gustav, 2008, no power 8 days), so I know I can make it. It's just a matter of sweating it out... I mean waiting it out.

On Thursday I had to face the truth and admit that everything in my refrigerator and freezer would be lost. All of my homemade chicken broth, almost an entire batch of slow cooker marinara, some slow cooker black beans, and single serving portions of taco chicken bowls and taco stuffed shells all went in the garbage. But hey, the refrigerator needed a good head to toe cleaning anyway. It's important to keep a positive perspective in these situations.

I'd love to post some "no power" recipes, but honestly, I can't even be inside of my apartment without sweat rolling down my back. So, no work will be done until I'm electrified again. Plus, I really don't even want food right now. All I crave is a huge 64 ounce Big Gulp full of icy cold liquid - It's HOT y'all!

I'll continue to try to answer your questions and emails when I can, but my access to wi-fi is somewhat limited.

All in all, this storm has really been nothing more than an inconvenience for me. I've actually got it really, really good and I'm grateful for that. My thoughts go out to those who have had significant damage and hardship because of it.

People may ask why we choose to live in the path of such potential danger. It's the same reason people choose to live in Venice, Italy when it is literally sinking straight into the ocean. The culture, history, and lifestyle that are unique to New Orleans cannot be experienced anywhere else on the planet. It's a fantastic place to live and I'll gladly endure an adventuresome week without power every now and then to live in a place that is so wonderful the rest of the time. :)

If you have any movie (available in Redbox) or book suggestions to help keep me busy, please share! Hopefully we'll be back in business soon!

XOXO
Beth

Stay in touch via Facebook or Twitter.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder