16 Kasım 2012 Cuma

let's keep in touch...

To contact us Click HERE

let's keep in touch...

I love Facebook - it's still my favorite social media outlet. I like the design and the ways in which it allows users to interact.

BUT...

(there's always a but, isn't there?)

Unfortunately, since they've had to start answering to share holders, Facebook has made some changes that make it difficult for me to stay in touch with all of you. If you've noticed that my posts aren't showing up in your feed, even after adding me to your "favorites" list, you're not alone.

Apparently there is so much fluff and bluff flying around Facebook that they try to filter it all and only show you the important stuff. For instance, you may have 500+ friends, but you may only see posts from about 50 of them. So, "liking" my page isn't enough to make sure you get updates. Watch this video to see how to make sure you get all of my posts.

So, what else can you do?

To make sure you're getting all of my updates and new recipes, I highly suggest subscribing by email. It's free and you'll ONLY receive an email when I make a new post to the blog. In fact, the blog post will be delivered right to your mailbox in it's entirety.

Subscribe to Budget Bytes by Email


Once you subscribe, make sure to follow the link in the subscription confirmation email to begin receiving updates.

Or, there's Twitter... I'm still learning the ropes there, but all new recipes are posted on Twitter ASAP.

@budget_bytes


Another great option is Pinterest. There you can browse my recipe collection visually (FUN!) and all new recipes are posted right away. Follow all of my boards to make sure to get all of the recipes, or just follow your favorite category.

Pinterest.com/budgetbyes


If you use an RSS reader, you can also subscribe to the RSS feed.  All new posts will show up, free of charge.

Subscribe to Budget Bytes RSS Feed


And lastly, I still love to see you all on Facebook. I still post interesting links, recipes, and thoughts, so stop by any time to say hello, ask a question, or join in a discussion. The only difference is that you might have to take the initiative to go there and see what's up instead of it automatically showing up in your feed. :P

So, let's keep in touch!


Update: There may be a way to fix the Facebook problem (although I haven't tested it yet). Check out this video to see how to select specific pages to show in your news feed... and let me know if it works!

Thanks, thistostay, for the info!!

Update #2: Thank you, Christoph, for sending the link to this article, that debunks the myth that Facebook has purposely reduced the number of people that it displays posts to.

Thanks again, Christoph!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder