18 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Blueberry Smoothie

To contact us Click HERE
Frozen Blueberries

Gluten-Free Blueberry Smoothie

Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries were on sale at Aldi's this week for $1.49. I purchased six boxes and I clean them and lay them out on plates in the freezer. Once they are frozen I scrape them off and fill a large plastic container that I keep in the freezer. This way they are frozen individually and not in a big blob. I always keep sliced bananas in the freezer too. I think smoothies are best made with frozen fruit. Then you don't have to add ice cubes and make all that racket with the blender. Also frozen fruit makes a great snack. Did you know that frozen bananas have a texture much like ice cream? You can also roll the banana slices in yogurt and cereal and freeze for a delicious GF snack. I served them at a diabetes function once and everyone kept asking me what kind of ice cream was inside.

For two smoothies I used 1 carton of plain Chobani Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries and banana slices, a dash of milk and a tiny bit of vanilla. The vanilla kind of gives it a sweet taste without adding sugar, but you could always add a little sugar, honey or Splenda if you wanted.

I made this yesterday and it looks so yummy that I just asked hubby if he wanted a smoothie before he went out to mow the yard. Guess what he said ha-ha?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder