8 Ekim 2012 Pazartesi

Gluten-Free Instant Soup

To contact us Click HERE
Gluten-Free Dried Vegetables and Fruit
 In this picture from left to right in the jars are dehydrated vegetables, dried apples, instant soup mix, dried peppers. In the front is Herb Ox bouillon packet. They can be found in most grocery stores and come in a box.
Gluten-Free Vegetable Beef Instant Soup
 Recipe: 1/4 cup dehydrated vegetables, 1 pkg Herb Ox Beef or Chicken bouillon, thin rice noodles. Store in a glass jar (1/2 pint shown) or a plastic bag or bowl. Dry foods do keep better in glass. Simmer in 1 1/2 cups water until noodles and veggies are tender (just a couple of minutes). It can also be microwaved. For the noodles I bought one of those small bags of Thai noodles and broke it up into 4 jars. Any rice noodles that say they cook in three minutes or less would be good. NOTE: Herb Ox that I use has no sodium. I am used to no salt but if you aren't you could add some salt to this mix or I think they also have a version with sodium, so read the label. You could also add any other herbs or seasoning you desire, but the Herb Ox is enough for me.

Hormel makes Herb Ox and they have a VERY good gluten-free product list on their website Hormelfoods.com. Here is the link to the GF page.
http://www.hormelfoods.com/ASSETS/Gluten%20Free%20Product%20List%2004-2012.pdf

I purchased my dehydrated veggies from an Amish Market, Beachy's in Arcola, Il. They are also available in many grocery stores or health food stores. I also have a food dehydrator and dry my own. Fruit and vegetables can be dried in a 250 degree oven too and works especially well if you place them on a wire rack on a baking sheet. I do that when I have a lot of something I want to preserve
Last of Summer
 I just love fall and all of it's colors. I have mums and gourds and things all over the front of my house. I can't wait to take a drive through the country and enjoy the views!

Fall is also nesting time for me. I am still canning and drying foods and stocking my pantry for the winter. We actually have three four wheel drive vehicles: a large truck, a Jeep and a Subaru and the store is about a mile away. So, okay I am a little (lot) crazy and my nesting instincts are way overblown (I also have about 50 quilts!). My children's emergency plan is: DRIVE TO MAMA'S.

First think about natural disasters. Do you have enough non perishable food in the house to last you a week or so? I read a GF blog recently where the person gave a list of things to keep in an emergency kit.  She basically went to a health food store and bought power bars and things that any yahoo with a shopping cart and a spare hundred dollars could have figured out on their own.

So I am going to start giving you some money saving ideas. My first one is this instant soup.  It is not just for disasters, it's a cool thing to keep in your desk for a quick lunch, or a quick lunch at home.

Keep watching the poodle for my economical stock up ideas such as tips on storing flours and the HUGE MEATBALL ESCAPADE. Really.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder