9 Ekim 2012 Salı

Cherry Tomato, Basil & Feta Salad

To contact us Click HERE


This salad is a quick and full flavored  "go to salad" when I'm in a hurry.  I love to make homemade vinaigrette's, and do make my own most often.  For this salad, I use a shortcut, and I turn to a packet of dry Zesty Italian dressing, mixed with white balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  A few shakes of black pepper, a few red pepper flakes  and a good toss, and I've got a delectable fresh salad to serve on the side of any meal. 

For the salad you'll need:
3 cups of cherry tomatoes halved
8 oz. block of tomato basil feta cheese cubed
1 medium purple onion thinly sliced
3 Tbs.chiffonade of fresh basil [more or less to taste]
For the vinaigrette:
1 0.6 oz. packet of Zesty Italian dry salad dressing mix [I used Good Seasons]
1/4 cup of white balsamic/champagne vinegar
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
fresh cracked black pepper

In a mixing bowl, mix together the vinegar, entire packet of dry dressing mix, black pepper and red pepper flakes.


Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until it's fully combined and the vinaigrette has emulsified.  Time to put the camera down...


Halve, the tomatoes, and thinly slice the onion.  Cut the cheese into cubes.  Chiffonade of basil is simply basil that has been rolled up and sliced into long thin strips.  You can chop it finer if you like, but, I think I adds to the presentation and texture  Add to the mixing bowl.


Toss gently.  At this point, I purposely do not adjust the seasonings, I want to give the vinaigrette time to do it's work.  I'll adjust the salt and pepper just before serving if needed.



Refrigerate for at least 1 1/2-2 hours before serving. Taste and adjust the seasonings just before serving.  Sprinkle with additional basil and serve chilled.  Yield: Approximately 3 1/2 cups


Print Friendly and PDF

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder