13 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Chipotle-Peach Barbecue Grillin' Sauce

To contact us Click HERE

Oh, how I love making my own grilling and barbecue sauces!  In fact, I have many sauces, glazes and dipping creations that I've never posted here on my blog.  I'm particularly proud of this one.   When fresh fruits come into season, my mind starts whirling with flavor combinations and ideas.    That's how this sauce was born.  Fresh peach puree and peach nectar along with a rich tomato base, and kicking it up with smokey chipotle peppers...oh my, so scrumptious!  It's my very own secret recipe, so, let's keep it just between us, okay?


For the barbecue sauce you'll need:

1 medium sweet onion diced
4 Tbs. butter
4 cloves of garlic peeled and diced
1 large peach peeled and diced
1 15 oz. can of pureed tomatoes
1 11.3 oz. can of peach nectar [I used Jumex]
1 6 oz. tomato paste
3/4 cup of molasses
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. each dijon mustard and honey
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce roughly chopped
1 tsp. each white pepper, sea salt and cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. each cayenne, ground chipotle pepper and paprika
black pepper to taste

In a medium size stove top saucepan, heat the butter together with the onions over medium-high heat.  Cook until the onions are translucent.  Season with 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.  Next, add the garlic and diced peach.  Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes to cook the garlic.


Lower the heat and add the peach nectar, pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, molasses, honey, dijon mustard, chipotle peppers brown sugar and all of the seasonings.  Stir well and bring to a boil.


Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour to allow the sauce to thicken and reduce.


Pour the sauce into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. 


Use immediately or store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.  Yield: approximately 4 cups


Cook's note:
The peach nectar  that I used for this sauce is found in the Hispanic foods section of the grocery store.  For those of you who may not be familiar, it looks like this....


Print Friendly and PDF

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder