24 Haziran 2012 Pazar

pineapple ginger lassi $0.85 each

To contact us Click HERE

pineapple ginger lassi

$0.85 each
I may have stumbled upon the most refreshing drink on the planet. ...well, one of the most refreshing drinks, anyway.

If you've never heard of a lassi, it's a drink made with yogurt, spices, and sometimes fruit or other ingredients. It's super light, super fresh, and just plain revitalizing. What I LOVE about this drink is how the tart plain yogurt really adds a bright zing. Add in some peppery ginger, and "zing" might be an understatement!

This lassi is lighter and fresher tasting than my usual smoothie, so it's great when I don't want to feel really full. I normally opt for frozen fruit rather than ice cubes in my smoothies, but I wanted this drink to be a "drink" and not a thick, meal-like smoothie. The ice makes it a super cold, liquidy beverage. I used plain yogurt because that's what I always have in my fridge, and I didn't want the flavors muddled by vanilla. Vanilla yogurt would probably be good too, but it will definitely be more dessert like. Also, if you use vanilla yogurt, you may not need as much honey.

One more note: if you're not into fresh ginger, you might try a different spice like cinnamon or cardamom. The fresh ginger in this drink is quite spicy... but that was my favorite part.

Seriously, after a super hard workout, this drink is HEAVEN.

pineapple ginger lassi

Pineapple Ginger Lassi

Print Friendly and PDF

Total Recipe cost: $0.85
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Prep time: 5 min.

INGREDIENTS COST
1/2 cup plain yogurt $0.27
1/2 cup pineapple chunks with juice $0.35
1 inch fresh ginger $0.12
1 Tbsp honey $0.11
4-5 large ice cubes $0.00
TOTAL $0.85

STEP 1: Peel the ginger and then, using a fine cheese grater, grate it straight into the blender (to catch all of the juice). Add the yogurt, pineapple chunks with juice, honey, and ice cubes.

STEP 2: Blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!

pineapple ginger lassi

Step By Step Photos


pineapple ginger lassi ingredients
This is all you need for this amazing drink... yet another reason why I love it. It's simple and easy to have the ingredients on hand. I like to have the can of pineapple stored in the fridge so that it's cold before I even start.

peel grate ginger
Peel a one inch section of the fresh ginger and then grate it straight into your blender. You want to capture all of that lovely juice that comes out while you're grating.

pineapple
Measure out about a half cup of pineapple chunks and juice. I actually measured out the chunks first, and then about 1/4 cup of juice, but if you just fill the measuring cup up with both at once, it will pretty much be the same.

add to blender
Add the yogurt, pineapple (plus juice), honey, and ice cubes to the blender with the grated ginger.

blend until smooth
Blend until smooth and then enjoy immediately!

pineapple ginger lassi
It's the perfect refresher for those long, exhausting blogging sessions! Ha!

I can't wait to try more lassi flavors!!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder