27 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

I'm Smarter Than a Bunny!

To contact us Click HERE
In this hot weather we have been eating a lot of vegetables and salads. I have a huge garden, but just when my greens are about ready they mysteriously disappear! Now I know why Mr. McGregor got so mad at Peter Rabbit. But I outsmarted them this time. I planted some lettuce, spinach and herbs in  clay pots and put them on the deck with the flowers. They really grow fast this way, probably because we water them all the time, unlike the garden. It's really nice when you are in a hurry and you can walk a few steps and pick things, unlike my real garden which is about a half acre away. I think it looks cute too! Hmm...maybe next year...window boxes full of spinach and kale...bouquets of radishes..pole beans around the mailbox! A dietitian's dream!

The berries in the stores have been great lately, and very reasonably priced. We have been having them everyday for breakfast. I usually didn't buy them in past years because we have berries, cherries and grapes in our yard. But this year it got warm too early and they all flowered and got killed off by the frost. We only had a few cherries for the birds and a few raspberries for the coons. Looks like the only thing we'll get is a lot of blackberries, usually in august, but this year probably July. If you have been buying berries try my recipe for eclair crust or shortcakes and add a little whipped cream for your Father's day celebration.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder