23 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars

To contact us Click HERE
I am always on the lookout for delicious apple and cinnamon recipes since that's Handsome's favorite flavor combination. When I found Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, I knew I had a winner! I adapted quite a bit of the recipe to suit my style of cooking and our tastes (I found the "as-is" recipe good, but a touch bland).

I pulse the ingredients for the crust in the food processor, using cold butter.

I use a touch of maple extract in the filling, and low-fat cream cheese.

I add a touch of maple extract to the apple mixture, too. 

I pulse the streusel ingredients in the same food processor, using old-fashioned oats, cinnamon, and a handful of pecans.

I do NOT line the pan with foil. I did the first time and it was disastrous. I just spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and it works beautifully.

These bars are definitely highly recommended, though! I think the addition of maple and pecans and more cinnamon really kick them into high gear, flavor-wise. Y'all enjoy!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder