18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Mediterranean Salmon Salad

To contact us Click HERE
 This dish combines many of my favorite flavors. It was inspired by a friend who had eaten a Turkish dish with salmon and couscous. I'm not sure what else her meal involved, and I didn't have any couscous, so I experimented using what I had on-hand. I love that it's such a filling lunch - I didn't even crave an afternoon snack that day! I served mine warm, but I imagine this would be good as a cold salad, too, using leftover salmon.

Mediterranean Salmon Salad

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon olive oil

6 ounce salmon fillet
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Caesar dressing
2 cups chopped spinach
1 tablespoon each parsley and oregano
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1/8 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper

 Place the salmon fillet skin-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon juice and spread with the Caesar dressing; bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine the quinoa, broth and olive oil. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the grain is beginning to separate. Remove from heat.

Using a fork, break off chunks of salmon and add them to the cooked quinoa. Stir in the spinach, parsley, oregano, feta and pepper.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder