21 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

Sour Cream Angel Cakes

To contact us Click HERE

These sour cream angel cakes were the result of an "aha" moment in my kitchen.  I needed to whip up a last minute batch of cupcakes...with no eggs! Breaking one of my cardinal rules, of gathering all of the necessary ingredients before beginning a project, I was well on my way, when I realized there were no eggs for the cupcake batter.  Walking into my pantry to see what I could find to salvage my efforts,  I noticed a box of angel food cake mix.  That's when a light bulb came on.  I knew that egg whites were in the cake mix, so, I crossed my fingers and hoped that it would be enough to work it's magic in the batter. 

It worked, and these little angel cakes were the result.  They were the hit of the party!  The texture is more dense than a standard angel food cake, but, lighter than a traditional white cake. After cooling them completely, I used a knife to hollow out a small opening in the centers and filled half of the angel cakes with fresh sweetened whipped cream and half with lemon curd.  Then I garnished each with fresh berries and a sprig of mint.  They turned out pretty and delicious! 

You'll need:
1 16 oz box angel food cake mix
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. sour cream
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 tsp. clear vanilla
Fillings: sweetened fresh whipped cream, lime or lemon curd, assorted berries

Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Sift together the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.  Using a hand mixer gradually beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  After all of the wet ingredients are added, continue mixing for around 2 minutes or until fully combined.  The batter will taste sweet at this point but, it will mellow as the cupcakes bake.

Line 24-26 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Fill each about 2/3 full. Depending on how you separate the batter, you may be able to yield more than 24 cupcakes.  Bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.  Cool completely on a wire rack.  Use a sharp knife to remove a small opening from the centers, and fill with fresh whipped cream, lime or lemon curd.   Garnish with fresh berries and a sprig of mint.  Alternatively, serve glazed with a lemon or orange glaze. Yield: 24-26 cupcakes













Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder