14 Ağustos 2012 Salı

Cauliflower Low Carb Mashed Potatoes

To contact us Click HERE

My friend Barb emailed me that she made some low carb cauliflower mashed potatoes and she loved them. I haven't made them for a long time so I tried them out to go with the turkey slices the other night. The picture of the red handled appliance is an antique favorite of mine called a ricer. I suppose you could buy something like that in todays stores. I used to make baby food with it more than 30 years ago! But it is my old stand-by for making potato dumplings (guess I don't have that recipe on the blog either) and also mashed potatoes.


Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
½ head of cauliflower broken into pieces3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped(This is about 4-5 cups)2 packets Herb Ox sodium free chicken bouillon2 Tblsp warm milk1-2 Tblsp butter or margarineSalt and pepper to tasteOptional: chives or parsley


Simmer cauliflower, potatoes and I pkg Herb Ox in just enough water to cover. When tender, drain and put through a ricer or mash with a potatomasher (can also use a mixer). Return to the pan. Warm the milk with the otherpacket of Herb Ox in the microwave. Add to the potatoes along with the butterand seasonings. 
I use about half and half potatoes to cauliflower, but tomake it lower carb you could use less potato. You might need to reduce the milkthough as cauliflower is more watery. Potatoes have 15 grams of carbohydratesper raw cup and cauliflower has 5 grams per cup.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder