2 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

Happy New Year! 2013

To contact us Click HERE
                              
Dear friends,

Another year has come and gone, and a new year is ahead.  I'm not one to  make new years resolutions, but, I always take time to look back and reflect on the passing year.  When I consider the past year in cooking, it's been unbelievably amazing!  I often refer to myself as an "accidental" blogger, because I started my blog for my friends and family.  It never occurred to me that anyone else in the world would ever read my recipes. 
This past year held many surprises for me and for my blog.  After winning the National Flour Power Contest, last January, I flew to Nashville Tennessee to attend a live Showcase event.  My winning cake was the featured dish and I demonstrated how to make it in front of a large audience of Just A Pinch Recipe Club members during a live taping of the event.  We had the time of our lives being chauffeured around the great city of Nashville in our limo, visiting places of interest, and of course, the Grand Ole Opry!  I was invited back in April to emcee the next Showcase, and then came live cooking segments on our local TV, blue ribbons, website features, cookbooks and newspaper articles.  As exciting as all of that had been, I then received an email from Southern Living Magazine that they had tested and "loved" one of my recipes, and wanted to include it in their September 2012 issue! In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would see one of my dishes on the pages of  Southern Living Magazine.  What an amazing cooking journey I have had in the year of 2012...God has truly blessed me!
You see, when I share a dish with you, I'm not just sharing a recipe, I'm sharing my passion.  Cooking, baking and developing recipes is intensely personal for me.  It's an expression of creativity and love for those around me. Meeting all of the incredible people, like you, who follow my blog, facebook page and beyond has been the ultimate "cherry on top" for this year.  I couldn't have dreamed any of this into reality.   So, I just wanted to say a heartfelt, "Thank You" to ALL of my foodie and blogger friends who visit my blog and facebook page daily to chat, laugh, cry, encourage and share wisdom from here and around the world.  I have loved getting to know you!  My wish for you all in the coming year is health, prosperity, joy and peace for you and yours in the year of 2013!  Dream big and always believe!  Now, let's get cooking!

Love,
Melissa
Jeremiah 29:11

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder