21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Mozzarella Bratwurst

Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Mozzarella Bratwurst

I purchased these "Butcher Block" brand sausages at County Market in Pontiac. I was intrigued by the combination, they said Gluten-Free right on the front and they only had 5 grams of fat. Sold! They are very good, but I have to say I cooked them in a pan (and didn't read the directions first) and they were better last time when we cooked them on the grill.

My fast way to make sauerkraut is to drain and lightly rinse the kraut in a strainer. You want to take some of the salt and vinegary taste off---but not all of it. Saute two strips of bacon, cut up in a pan. Remove bacon when brown and add 1/2 an onion diced. Cook a couple of minutes and put the sauerkraut back in the pan. Add a little water, the bacon, a pinch of celery salt, celery seed, pepper and sugar. Simmer about 20 minutes until the water is gone and the onions are soft. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder